Summer Boost is a program designed to help currently enrolled students at WVU increase their cumulative GPA and earn course credit during the summer term. This program will provide students with resources that will help in academic success. Upon completion of the program, with a C or better in each course, student are eligible for a summer stipend up to 30% of university tuition.Submit your application online today!
- Cumulative GPA below a 3.0, or
- Eligible to D/F repeat or reattempting withdrawn course work, or
- Scholarship recipients needing to reach the benchmark requirements for scholarship eligibility.
Participants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
Participants must enroll in an on-campus section of a General Education Foundation (GEF) course. Any other courses are subject to approval by the program coordinator.
Program Requirements for Tuition Stipend
The tuition stipend for Summer BOOST participants is equivalent to 30% of university tuition for the summer 2018 term. Other charges may still apply such as college tuition and university fees.
Summer BOOST participants are required to complete the following actions for tuition stipend consideration:
- Attend two success coach meetings for every six weeks of courses.
- Attend four hours of tutoring/ study lab per week.
- Earn a C or better in all attempted courses in the summer 2018 term.
Benefits of the Program
Students can raise their cumulative GPA (CGPA) by retaking courses where a higher grade is desired. By focusing on just these classes, students can have an opportunity to earn the CGPA needed to start the next school year in good academic standing or maintain the PROMISE and Institutional Scholarships. By taking a summer course, eligible students can stay on track for graduation.
Other benefits include:
- Students can take part in smaller, more intensive classes.
- Students can utilize success coaches, tutors and advising to help students improve academic performance.
- Students on academic suspension can potentially raise their CGPA sufficiently to return to WVU for the upcoming fall term.
- Students earning a C or better in each attempted course, are eligible for a tuition stipend to be applied to your summer student bill.
- First, register for desired on campus summer courses via STAR.
- After you've selected classes for the summer term, register for a Summer BOOST information session:
- March 21, 1 P.M. Mountaineer Room, MountainLair
- March 27, 1 P.M. Mountaineer Room, MountainLair
- March 28, 1 P.M. Room 412, Evansdale Crossing
- April 4, 10 A.M. Mountaineer Room, MountainLair
- April 17, 10 A.M. Mountaineer Room, MountainLair
- April 18, 11 A.M. Room 412, Evansdale Crossing
Once students have completed the registration form, they will receive an email from the program coordinator. The info session will review Summer BOOST program requirements; eligible students will be able to sign a program agreement at that time. Students must attend an info session and sign an agreement before the start of summer classes to participate.
For questions or comments, please contact Niara Campbell at 304-293-5804 or email@example.com
All courses are during summer sessions which are typically 6 weeks long. It is your responsibility to check times and dates for courses when registering.
All courses are held on the WVU campus in Morgantown. There are no online options for this program.
All courses must be degree pursuant.
Students have the option to live on or off campus.