Summer Boost is a program designed to help currently enrolled students at WVU increase their cumulative GPA and earn course credit during the summer term. This program will provide students with resources that will help in academic success. Upon completion of the program, with a C or better in each course, student are eligible for a summer stipend up to 30% of university tuition.Submit your application online today!
- Cumulative GPA below a 2.0, or
- Eligible to D/F repeat course work, or
- PROMISE scholar needs to reach the benchmark requirements for scholarship eligibility.
Participants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Biology 101/103, 102/104, 115, 117, 219
- Chemistry 110 A&B, 115, 116, 231, 233/235, 234/236
- Economics 201, 202, 225
- English 101,102
- Mathematics 121,122, 126 A&B, 128, 129, 150, 153, 154, 155, 156
- Physics 101,102, 111, 112
- Psychology 101
- Statistics 111, 211, 215
Participants must enroll in one of the following on-campus Summer BOOST select courses to be eligible:
Any other courses are subject to approval by the program coordinator.
Program Requirements for Tuition Stipend
The tuition stipend for Summer BOOST participants is equivalent to 30% of university tuition for the summer 2017 term. Other charges may still apply such as college tuition and university fees.
Summer BOOST participants are required to complete the following actions for tuition stipend consideration:
- Attend two success coach meetings for every six weeks of courses.
- Meetings by appointment, held in Student Services Center
- Attend four hours of tutoring/ study lab per week.
- Tutoring and Study Lab is available Monday- Friday 12:00 PM-5:00 PM in the ARC Tutoring Center: Downtown Library Rm 1020
- Writing Workshops are available on Tuesdays in Downtown Library
- Psychology Study Labs are available on Wednesdays in Downtown Library
- Schedule and attend two academic seminar sessions.
- Offered at the Downtown Library. Scheduling available at Student Services Center.
- Earn a C or better in all attempted courses in the summer 2017 term.
Benefits of the Program
Students have the ability to raise their cumulative GPA (CGPA) by retaking courses where a higher grade is desired. By focusing on just these classes, students can have an opportunity to earn the CGPA needed to start the next school year in good academic standing or maintain the PROMISE Scholarship. By taking a summer course, eligible students can stay on track for graduation.
- Students can take part in smaller, more intensive classes.
- Students can utilize success coaches, tutors, and academic seminars which will help students improve time management, note-taking, studying and test-taking skills.
- Students on academic suspension can potentially raise their CGPA sufficiently to return to WVU for the upcoming fall term.
- Students earning a C or better in each attempted course, are eligible for a tuition stipend to be applied to your summer student bill.
Other benefits include:
- First, register for a select Summer BOOST course on STAR.
- After you've registered, submit your application online.
Once students have completed the application, someone from our office will be in contact via your WVU mix email address. A Summer Boost plan will be generated for accepted participants once spring 2017 final grades are posted. Students must sign a plan before the start of summer classes.
For questions or comments, please contact Niara Campbell at 304-293-5804 or email@example.com
All courses are during summer sessions which are typically 6 weeks long. It is your responsibility to check times and dates for courses when registering.
All courses are held on the WVU campus in Morgantown. There are no online options for this program.
All courses must be degree pursuant.
Students have the option to live on or off campus.