Summer Boost is a program designed to help currently enrolled students at WVU increase their cumulative GPA and earn course credit during the summer term. This program will provide students with resources that will help in academic success. Upon completion of the program, with a C or better in each course, students are eligible for a summer stipend. In-state students can earn up to 30% of university tuition. Out-of-state students can earn up to 40%off university tuition.
Participants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Cumulative GPA below a 3.0, or
- Eligible to D/F repeat or re-attempting withdrawn course work, or
- Scholarship recipients needing to reach the benchmark requirements for scholarship eligibility.
Participants must enroll in an on-campus section of a degree pursuant course or a degree pursuant course online if the course is unavailable on-campus during the summer term.
Program Requirements for Tuition Stipend
The tuition stipend for Summer BOOST participants is equivalent to 30% of university tuition for in-state students and 40% for out-of state students for the summer 2020 term. Other charges such as college tuition and university fees may still apply.
Summer BOOST participants are required to complete the following actions for tuition stipend consideration:
- Attend two success coach meetings for every six weeks of courses.
- Attend tutoring if applicable.
- Earn a C or better in all attempted courses in the summer 2020 term.
Benefits of the Program
Students can raise their cumulative GPA (CGPA) by retaking courses where a higher grade is desired. By focusing on just these classes, students can have an opportunity to earn the CGPA needed to start the next school year in good academic standing or maintain the PROMISE and Institutional Scholarships. By taking a summer course, eligible students can stay on track for graduation.
Other benefits include:
- Students can take part in smaller, more intensive classes.
- Students can utilize success coaches, tutors, and advisers to help improve academic performance.
- Students on academic suspension can potentially raise their CGPA sufficiently to return to WVU for the upcoming fall term.
- Students earning a C or better in each attempted course, are eligible for a tuition stipend to be applied to the summer student bill.
- First, register for desired on-campus summer courses via STAR.
- Then, meet with your academic advisor to insure the class is degree pursuant.
- Last, complete Summer BOOST Application online by 5pm on the due date.
|Class Start Date||Application Due Date|
|May 18th- June 1st||May 12th|
|June 29th- July 20th||June 24th|
For questions or comments, please contact Niara Campbell at 304-293-5804 or email@example.com
All courses are during summer sessions which are typically 6 weeks long. It is your responsibility to check times and dates for courses when registering.
All courses are held on the WVU campus in Morgantown. Online options for this program are only available if the course is not offered on campus during the summer term.
Qualifying tutoring hours can be completed at the Academic Resource Center located in Room 144 of the Downtown Library. Students may also use other campus organized tutoring centers.
All courses must be degree pursuant.
Students have the option to live on or off campus.