Summer Boost is a program designed to help currently enrolled students at WVU increase their cumulative GPA and earn course credit during the summer term. All courses are held Online for the Summer 2020 term. This program will provide students with resources that will help in academic success. Upon completion of the program, with a C or better in each course, students are eligible for a summer stipend. In-state students can earn up to 30% of university tuition. Out-of-state students can earn up to 40%off university tuition.
Participants must meet ONE the following eligibility requirements:
- Cumulative GPA below a 3.0, or
- Eligible to D/F repeat or re-attempting withdrawn course work, or
- Scholarship recipients needing to reach the benchmark requirements for scholarship eligibility.
Program Requirements for Tuition Stipend
The tuition stipend for Summer BOOST participants is equivalent to 30% of university tuition for in-state students and 40% for out-of state students for the summer 2020 term. Other charges such as college tuition and university fees may still apply.
Summer BOOST participants are required to complete interventions listed in their individualized success plan. The following actions are required for tuition stipend consideration:
- Attend success coaching meetings OR Attend tutoring if applicable
- Earn a C or better in all attempted courses in the summer 2020 term.
Benefits of the Program
Students can raise their cumulative GPA (CGPA) by retaking courses where a higher grade is desired. By focusing on just these classes, students can have an opportunity to earn the CGPA needed to start the next school year in good academic standing or maintain the PROMISE and Institutional Scholarships. By taking a summer course, eligible students can stay on track for graduation.
Other benefits include:
- Students can take part in smaller, more intensive classes.
- Students can utilize success coaches, tutors, and advisers to help improve academic performance.
- Students on academic suspension can potentially raise their CGPA sufficiently to return to WVU for the upcoming fall term.
- Students earning a C or better in each attempted course, are eligible for a tuition stipend to be applied to the summer student bill.
- First, register for desired summer courses via STAR.
- Then, meet with your academic advisor to insure the class is degree pursuant.
- Last, complete Summer BOOST Application online by 5pm by the final processing date.
| Class Start Date
|| Priority Application Due Date
||Final Processing Date|
|May 18th- June 1st||May 12th||May 19th|
|June 29th- July 20th||June 24th||June 30th|
For questions or comments, please contact Niara Campbell at 304-293-5804 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All courses are during summer sessions which are typically 6 weeks long. It is your responsibility to check times and dates for courses when registering.
All courses are held Online for the Summer 2020 term.
Qualifying tutoring hours can be completed online through the Academic Resource Center. Students may also use other campus organized tutoring centers.
All courses must be degree pursuant.