First-Generation Initiatives develops programs to help “FirstGen” students succeed. First-Generation is defined that neither parent or guardian has completed a four-year degree.
The FirstGen staff is here to:
- Ensure a seamless transition from high school to college
- Offer academic help through our student success programs
- Celebrate the achievements of our FirstGen students, faculty, and staff.
Contact us a FirstGenWVU@mail.wvu.edu
- Mentoring is still available for students. Please complete the survey to be connected with a mentor.
- If you need assistance or guidance and unsure of where to go, please feel free to email Michelle Paden, firstname.lastname@example.org, to be pointed in the right direction.